17 Oct Marketing Executive
We are looking for a proactive, energetic, creative and rounded digital and web content executive to join our team as a non-residential member of our Christian community, playing a full part in our Christian worship and outreach to international students.
- Developing new channels – reaching source-market students by creative channel partnerships both in the UK and overseas international summer schools and groups tourism business for the summer season
- creative ideas and events for new lead generation
- Servicing existing clients and channel partners
- Developing a new communication strategy to ensure that the USP of Lee Abbey – its community, experience sharing and sense of connection is understood by potential customers
- Developing and delivering digital and offline B2C marketing campaigns using effective best practice SEM & SMM
- Working to maximise SEO
- Developing channels for recruitment of Christian community members both from the UK and overseas to join our team
- Channels to engage with former Lee Abbey London community members and student Alumni to attract long-term support and advocacy.
Digital and Offline Content Editor
- Source, supply and edit creative content for web and social media platforms ensuring brand and local geographical, pastoral and experiential integrity and provenance.
- Coordinating with the wider Lee Abbey Movement and writing for the Lee Abbey “Rapport” community magazine
- Driving a best practice sales and marketing fulfilment process taking accountability of the prospect from initial touch to arrival at Lee Abbey London.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to support Lee Abbey London’s projects and charitable work.
- Lee Abbey London was established in 1964 as a hall of residence for international students of all faiths or none, staffed by a Christian Community who seek through their daily work, worship and lifestyle to “communicate Christ through relationships”. Lee Abbey London is part of the wider Lee Abbey Movement and is home to an international and ecumenical Christian Community drawn from many traditions and backgrounds.
- We are based in Kensington, London, in a handsome period building with beautiful gardens providing not just food and accommodation but a real home from home experience for international students. We also operate more of a tourism hotel/hostel during the summer holidays for groups and individual tourists.
- Turnover is in the region of £1.4m pa.
- You will be a practising Christian with a vibrant Christian faith ready to demonstrate to all your love and service to Jesus.
- You will have a real passion for creative content with which to communicate to consumers especially young people.
- You will probably already be in your first job after graduation having experience of driving customer volumes in both sales and marketing in a B2C service environment (hotels/tourism/attractions/events/charities).
- You will most likely hold a marketing or commerce degree, with both qualifications and expertise in SEM and SMM, and ideally SEO.
- You will be ambitious, outgoing and hungry to develop new business, including clients who do not know us.
- You will be self-motivated, highly organised and comfortable with travel to clients and industry events.
- You will be credible in front of clients on your own, although initially the Director or other managers will accompany you on client contact.
- Speaking foreign languages – especially Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Arabic, Korean would be valuable.
Reporting to our Director, James Fulford, this role is offered as a “live-out” position including membership of the Lee Abbey London Christian Community. You will be invited to join our lifestyle of daily worship, prayer and service; supporting our aim of “communicating Christ through relationships”. It is a genuine occupational requirement that you be a practising Christian.
We offer an indicative salary of c £25k pa gross (some of which will be based on targets, and the opportunity to make more with strong performance).
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Employer and employee pension contributions of 4%.
The position is offered on a 3-year fixed-term contract with a 6-month probationary period.
If you are interested, please send a personalised cover note to email@example.com detailing how you may fit the role, a description of your personal faith journey and involvement in Church life, and of course adding your CV.
Chris Barry, HR Manager
A satisfactory basic Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is required prior to confirmation of appointment.