09 Jan Housekeeper
Are you looking for something more than just a job? Are you smart, motivated, and driven? If so, look at the position below!
Lee Abbey London is looking for a Kingdom-minded Housekeeper to join our Christian Community. You would be overseeing the efficient running of our House Team who provide excellent hospitality and service to our international student residents.
We’re looking for a candidate who has a servant’s heart and is flexible, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Residential Housekeeper is a highly organised, assertive, dedicated member of the Lee Abbey team, willing to be hands on where necessary.
We are looking for a team player who can lead our dedicated House Team who serve with us and are from many different cultures.
You would demonstrate time management experience and the ability to multi-task and manage a variety of daily activities.
- Oversee Assistant Housekeeper and the House Team
- Manage budgets
- Manage schedules, calendars, holiday requests and rotas
- Collaborate with managers and team leaders
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Deliver training to House Team
- Manage the team’s health and safety
- An active Christian faith
- Computer literate
- Excellent communicator
- Strong time management
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- 35 hours per week
- Initial 3-year contract (fixed term)
- Stipend plus accommodation (including furniture if required)
- Utilities and internet
- All meals provided
- Pension & benefits
- Daily worship/Chapel time
- Opportunity to attend Lee Abbey School of Ministry and grow in your spiritual gifts
- An active social programme, and opportunities to share other gifts and talents you have
- Annual five-day retreat
This is a residential post that requires full membership of the residential Christian community at Lee Abbey London based in Kensington, West London.
Lee Abbey London is part of a wider network under the umbrella of the Lee Abbey Movement, sharing Christ through relationships, nationally and internationally.
Lee Abbey London is committed to safeguarding children and adults and expect all members of our team to share this commitment. A satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is required prior to confirmation of appointment.